ProBlock™ Gold Yeast/Fungi Protease Inhibitor Cocktail [100X]
ProBlock™ Gold Yeast/Fungi protease inhibitor cocktail contains optimized concentrations of various yeast and fungal protease inhibitors, which provide excellent inhibition of protease activities during protein purification from yeast or fungi. The cocktail contains both reversible and irreversible protease inhibitors to inhibit serine, cysteine, metalloproteases and specific inhibitors for yeast or fungal proteases, such as aspartic proteases. At 1X concentration, ProBlock™ Gold Yeast/Fungi inhibits over 90% of protease activities.
Some proteins require divalent cations (Ca2+, Mg2+ or Mn2+) for their biological activity and the presence of chelating agents may be detrimental to the protein’s activity. Chelators, such as EDTA, inhibit the purification of proteins by immobilized metal affinity chromatography.
ProBlock™ Gold Yeast/Fungi is supplied additional, optional EDTA and 1,10-Phenanthroline monohydrate which are provided for optimal inhibition of metalloproteases and may be added in the extraction buffer or lysate as needed.
- Specifically optimized for yeast and fungal proteases
- Greater Range of Inhibition – 95%+
- Better than tablets – the ready-to-use, refrigerator-stable, 100X liquid format is more effective and easier to use than traditional tablet products; just pipette exactly the amount you need!
- No proprietary ingredients – formulation contains AEBSF, aprotinin, bestatin, E-64, leupeptin and pepstatin A, and PMSF
- Multiple package sizes
- Two popular formulations – regular formulation includes separate vials of EDTA and 1,10-Phenanthroline monohydrate solutions for optional metalloprotease inhibition; EDTA-free and 1,10-Phenanthroline-free formulations ensures compatibility with isoelectric focusing
Storage/Handling: Store at 4°C.
|Storage/Handling||Store at 4°C.|